Sunday, February 7, 2010

Questions for the Librarian

1. How do you check out books from the library? Do you use your Rutgers ID card or do we have to get a separate library card? (I have never needed to check out a book so far so I honestly do not know how the system works.)

2. Is there a specific section in the library about Rutger's history (specifically sports)? I want to find some information about the history of sports at Rutgers and was wondering if information would be available on that.

3. What is the return policy on books? Can we keep them out for the whole semester to work on this paper or do we have to keep renewing the books if we want to keep them for the entire semester?

1 comment:

  1. These are great questions. I think many librarians would take for granted that students understood the basics of how a University library works. Thanks!

    I have been thinking of bringing students to Special Collections in the basement of Alexander Library, even though it would mean meeting across town. You can get help there in locating historical documents and other materials from Rutgers, including every issue of the school newspaper, old photographs, planning documents, etc. Talk to me about how you might want to use those materials and I will help you develop a plan.

    ReplyDelete