Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Rutgers RIOT

I thought the tutorial was very helpful. I learned how to narrow a topic down and how to use several key resources that the library has to offer. I also learned how the different research sources work and how to do a proper search on them by altering some of the terms and specifications with the terms. Using the tools the library has definitely makes it easier to find scholarly articles and helps with the whole research process. I think the interactive teaching method was definitely useful and it kept me involved. It was better than just listening to someone talk the whole time because I actually had to answer some questions and pay attention to know what was going on. One thing that could be done to improve it would be to make more of the interactive parts of the tutorial require a correct answer to make sure that the learner is really understanding what is going on. Overall, I think it was well put together and I would recommend it to someone who is trying to write a research paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment